The Church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus was built in the Railway Colony in 1927. The parishioners were mainly Anglo – Indians. The Railway Company gave the ownership of the Church to the Diocese in perpetuity. The priests who served in the parish are the following: Fr. Turlan, Fr. Shembery, Fr. S. Bruno, Fr. S. Maria Soosai, Fr. J. Victor, Fr. V. Allard, Fr. T. Britto, Fr. B. A. Pinto, Fr. B. Michael, Fr. J. C. Motha, Fr. D. Amalorpavam, Fr. Joseph Nedugat, Fr. Peterkulandai, Fr. V. M. Irudayam, Fr. Santiago, Fr. John J., Fr. Seshuraj, Fr. Jeyaraj. Since June 2009 – Fr. M. Dhivyanandam.
Fr. Joseph Nedungat extended the western wing of the church. Then he built the present presbytery for the priest. The work was completed in 1978 June, on the feastday of Sacred Heart of Jesus.
St. Sebastian chapel, the substation of Railway Colony was erected in 1944 on the way to central bus stand (Periyar). It was demolished by Corporation authorities in the year 2004 as per the court order. That statue was taken to the Sacred Heart Church by Fr.Jeyaraj and installed. Now the first Tuesday Novena is going on. At present, the devotion to the Sacred Heart on the first Fridays goes on well. The Holy Hour is conducted on every first Thurdsays and people from different parts of the city participate. Following the long tradition, most of the Anglo Indian families from various parts of the city gather on Sundays at 8.30 am for Sunday liturgy. The Tamil mass is celebrated at 6.30 am on Sundays.
The parish has no substation and no institution.
Parish Council and Anbiams.
RELIGIOUS IN PARISH
conregation of Immaculate Conception.