Before the bifurcation of the parish Chinnamanur, Margayankottai and Seelayanpatti were under the parish of Uthamapalayam. The other substations such as Muthulapuram, Erasai, Moorthinayakkanpatti, Sukkangalpatti, Kamatchipuram and the Hill stations such as Megamalai, Highwavis, Manalar, Upper Manalar, Venneicer, Maharaja-Mettu and Eravangalar were under the parish of Rayappanpatti. Fr. I. Joachim built the parish church. This parish was erected on 23-05-2004 by Most Rev. Peter Fernando, the Archbishop of Madurai. There are 300 Catholic families and 1200 catholics. Most of the Catholics are coolie workers.
- Fr. Vincent Raja (19.05.1990 – 10.6.1994)
- Fr. I. Sahaya Ambrose Raja 2004-2006
- Fr. A. Antony Raj 2006-2007
- Fr. A. Maria Louis 2007- 2011
- Fr. Joseph Antony 2011
- Fr. Pothakar (2013 –
- Moorthi nayakkanpatti
- Upper Manalar Venniar.
- Maharaja Mettu
- Seva Missionary sisters of Mary (SMSM), St. Joseph’s Convent,Erasakkenayakannur – 625515, Theni (Dt.), Ph : 04554-248403.
- Ponnagar Road, Chinnamanur – 625515, Ph: 04554-246087.
- R. C. Middle School at Chinnamanur, staff: 7, students: 250
- R. C. Primary School at Erasai, staff: 11, students: 410
Institutions under the Religious:
Francis Assisi Metriculation School, run by FST Sisters.
Name, profession and telephone number of important and influential Catholic in the Parish:
There is one Catholic Advocate
from Moorthinayakkanpatti working at Madurai High Court, namely
Y. Arockia Raj (Advocate), 10/5 Mathakovil street,
Moorthinayakkanpatti, Palayam (V.K), Theni – 625 540.